The Episcopal /Anglican church continues to train teachers and families of the deaf and hard of hearing
The Deaf Unit of the Episcopal/ Anglican Church in Egypt continues the “Montessori” training, which it started early this month, in addition to another training for families of deaf and hard of hearing students at the Deaf Unit headquarters in the Old Cairo area
The training targets 14 teachers as it focuses on improving the quality of education inside the school for deaf students using new tools and the practical part of this training includes teaching teachers how to teach teams the sound and name of the letter, how to touch and tattoo things with some life skills needed for children
Montessori is an educational curriculum that emphasizes the need for the educational process to pay attention to the development of the child’s personality in an integrated manner in the psychological, mental, and physical-motor aspects, to help him develop his creative abilities and solve problems
The unit also continues to train families of the deaf and hard of hearing with video-call technology to teach families how to deal with physical or sensory abuse and to act in such cases when a student is exposed to it.
The deaf unit works to rehabilitate and educate the deaf and their families and support communication in sign language in a way that guarantees the improvement of the scientific, health, social and economic level in order to enable them to be self-reliant and integrate into society through academic education, vocational training, activities, trips, and conferences.
The Deaf Unit was established in 1982 under the umbrella of the Episcopal/Anglican Church, and it was declared in Social Affairs under the number 4014 of 1993.
It is worth mentioning that the Province of Alexandria for the Episcopal/Anglican Church is the 41st region of this church around the world, and it includes under its presidency 10 countries in Egypt and North Africa, and is under the presidency of the Archbishop of Canterbury and belongs to the Episcopal/Anglican Church Union in the world.
In Egypt, the Episcopal/Anglican Church was established in 1815 and the first Episcopal/Anglican Church was founded in Alexandria in 1839 when it was given a plot of land in Alexandria’s Manshia square to establish the Episcopal/Anglican Church of St. Mark by Mohamed Ali Pasha the Ruler of Egypt at this time.