© 2021 All Rights Reserved To Diocese Of Egypt. Developed By John Adly
Harpur Menouf Hospital, affiliated with the Episcopal/ Anglican Church in Egypt, announced the start of work in the neurology clinic
On his behalf, Dr. Samir Rizkallah, Director of the Hospital, explained: The hospital operates all days of the week in all specialties and is fully functional to provide excellent service, improve the health system and serve citizens.
Rizkallah added: We follow strict procedures for workers and patients, such as wearing masks and distributing them free of charge upon entry, while continuing to disinfect hands using disinfectants, sterilizing all surfaces and floors, and promoting ways of using technology to provide order between patients and workers to prevent gatherings and crowding and provide social distancing.
It is worth noting that the Harpur Memorial Hospital in Anglican was founded by Dr. Frank Harpur, an Irish physician sent in 1910 A.D. Dr. Harper (Harmel as called by the Egyptians) had arrived in Egypt in 1889 A.D. and his dream was to provide medical service to the simple and deprived villagers there, either because of their narrow hand or to keep them away The place of providing medical service and in the year 1894AD began to wander by boat in some branches of the Nile River to reach these villagers and treat them due to the need for a fixed hospital to treat more complex cases and also to increase the number of patients, Harpur Memorial Hospital in Menouf was established in 1910 AD and Harpur was its first director and the hospital continued He works from that date, bearing in mind the goal for which the hospital was established, and a number of doctors took turns managing it after the death of Dr. Harper.