Together we develop Egypt Project
After the success of the project of exchanging and documenting relations between Egyptian clerics, imams and priests, 2013-2015
The idea came to Dr. Mouneer Hanna, Archbishop of the Province of Alexandria of the Episcopal/Anglican Church, to involve Egyptian youth, Muslims and Christians, led by clerics and inviting them from all over the Egyptian country, especially the inflamed areas that suffer from sectarian conflicts, to attend together and actively participate in serving their local communities, stressing the importance of effective communication and spreading the culture of Accepting the other, making peace and rejecting violence, hatred and intolerance
In 2017-2018, the pilot project started under the auspices of the Episcopal/Anglican Church in Egypt and the Misr El-Kheir Foundation, Bishop Mouneer Hanna and His Eminence Dr. Ali Gomaa, Chairman of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees and the former Mufti of Egypt. In the pilot year, the project achieved acceptance and success in ten different places in the cities of canal, Cairo and Upper Egypt.
This success encouraged the launch of work in thirty other locations during 2019-2020
The axes that the project focused on:
- Establish strong and real relationships and friendships between young people
- Developing youth capabilities and raising their cultural and civilizational awareness
- The participation of young people together in implementing practical initiatives that benefit the communities from which they came.
- Reaching the degree of integration and quality of work by communicating with government agencies and civil society organizations that work in the same direction that their initiative is related to
Sections of the project program:
Capacity building training to raise the capacity and thinking of young people participating in the project through lectures and workshops represented in:
Self-development / Effective communication / Conflict response and community peace building / Creative positive thinking / Citizenship rights and duties / Entrepreneurship
– The use of sports and the arts as a soft power, as well as active participation in trips and cultural and entertainment visits to achieve integration and interdependence among young people, as well as making a change in their lives to develop team work, a spirit of belonging and a sense of responsibility towards our dear Egypt.
– Active participation in the implementation of social initiatives to serve their local communities and to highlight the benefit from the project.