The EpiscoCare Foundation of the Episcopal/ Anglican Church in Egypt organized awareness meetings on “ways to protect and support the mother and the family during the Corona pandemic”, in cooperation with the Information Complex in El Salam city and the National Council for Women, in the presence of 21 women, at the Foundation’s City of Peace Development Center.
On his behalf, Dr. Maged Moussa, Director of the EpiscoCare Foundation, said: The meetings aim at the need to work to spread awareness of women’s rights and provide support for mothers and women to protect their families in light of the socio-economic challenges caused by the Coronavirus, while clarifying the state’s efforts in providing support and attention to reconciling the conditions of working mothers to take care of Their children, in addition to the state’s provision of a special grant to families affected by the Covid-19 epidemic.
Moussa continued: Emphasis was placed on the importance of following precautionary measures and working to provide educational opportunities for children, especially females, in addition to paying attention to providing proper nutrition for children to protect them from various diseases.
The Episcopal Care Foundation for Social Services (Episcocare) is the Samaritan’s arm of the Episcopal/ Anglican Church in Egypt. The Foundation runs the development and social services centers and institutions of the Episcopal/Anglican Church in Egypt.
It is worth mentioning that the Province of Alexandria for the Episcopal/Anglican Church is the 41st region of this church around the world, and it includes under its presidency 10 countries in Egypt and North Africa, and is under the presidency of the Archbishop of Canterbury and belongs to the Episcopal/Anglican Church Union in the world.
In Egypt, the Episcopal/Anglican Church was established in 1815 and the first Episcopal/Anglican Church was founded in Alexandria in 1839 when it was given a plot of land in Alexandria’s Manshia square to establish the Episcopal/Anglican Church of St. Mark by Mohamed Ali Pasha the Ruler of Egypt at this time.