The Deaf Unit of the Episcopal/Anglican Church in Egypt organized a workshop to teach deaf children to manufacture jewelry and accessories
The Episcopal/Anglican Church stated in a statement today: The workshop is the first of its kind in which students from 9 to 18 years old are trained in making sweets and accessories from thermal clay
The Deaf Unit explained in its statement: The thermal clay is formed by different techniques and enters the oven until it is cohesive, and this workshop comes to teach children new crafts and industries
The Deaf Education Unit was established in 1982 under the umbrella of the Episcopal/Anglican Church, and it was declared in Social Affairs under the number 4014 of 1993.
The Deaf unit works to rehabilitate and educate the deaf and their families and support communication in sign language to ensure the improvement of the scientific, health, social and economic level in order to enable them to be self-reliant and integrate into society through academic education, vocational training, activities, trips, and conferences.
It is worth noting that the Province of Alexandria of the Episcopal/Anglican Church is the 41st region of this church around the world and includes under its leadership 10 countries in Egypt and North Africa and is subject to the presidency of the Archbishop of Canterbury and is affiliated with the Federation of Anglican Churches in the world.
In Egypt, the service of the Episcopal/Anglican Church began in 1815, and then the first Episcopal Church was established in Alexandria in 1839 when Muhammad Ali Pasha, the governor of Egypt, granted a plot of land in Mansheya Square in Alexandria to establish the Episcopal Church of Saint Mark.