Al-Manara Center for People with Disabilities, affiliated to the Episcopal/ Anglican Church, today started receiving the center’s children, as the school day started with a reception for children.
For her part, Janet Shamei, director of the center, said: We hosted the children with their families, and after the celebration, they began to be distributed among classes, taking into account the individual differences of each child, as there are six classes divided according to the child’s mental ability
Janet added: The center was keen to achieve social distancing between children in the classroom and take precautionary measures not to transmit infection between them, as one class includes only six children, taking into account sterilization of hands and washing them every half hour.
Al-Manara Center for Serving People with Special Needs is a center affiliated with the Episco Care Foundation for Social Services, which is the Samaritan arm of the Episcopal/Anglican Church in Egypt. The Foundation runs the development and social services centers and institutions of the Episcopal/Anglican Church in Egypt. In the year 2003, the Foundation was officially registered with the Ministry of Social Solidarity to support people with special needs and provide them with rehabilitation and education services, after the church noticed the lack of these services in the city of Menouf.
It is worth mentioning that the Province of Alexandria for the Episcopal/Anglican Church is the 41st region of this church around the world, and it includes under its presidency 10 countries in Egypt and North Africa, and is under the presidency of the Archbishop of Canterbury and belongs to the Episcopal/Anglican Church Union in the world.
In Egypt, the Episcopal/Anglican Church was established in 1815 and the first Episcopal/Anglican Church was founded in Alexandria in 1839 when it was given a plot of land in Alexandria’s Manshia square to establish the Episcopal/Anglican Church of St. Mark by Mohamed Ali Pasha the Ruler of Egypt at this time.