The Deaf Unit of the Episcopal/ Anglican Church in Egypt announced the resumption of professional workshops with the presence of 10 trainees in each workshop from deaf boys and girls, in addition to the inclusion of deaf mothers three times a week, as the workshops had stopped the last period due to the Corona pandemic.
The Episcopal/Anglican Church stated in a statement today: The workshops include teaching tents, seashells, and carpentry, as the unit is concerned with teaching deaf people from the age of 13 to the age of 50 in different professions and skills to enable them to be independent and financially independent in the future.
The Deaf Unit explained in its statement: During the training, we take all precautionary measures due to the existence of the Corona pandemic, such as wearing masks, using alcohol, and taking into account social distancing.
The Deaf Unit was established in 1982 under the umbrella of the Episcopal/Anglican Church, and it was declared in Social Affairs under the number 4014 of 1993.
The unit works to rehabilitate and educate the deaf and their families and support communication in sign language to ensure the improvement of the scientific, health, social and economic level in order to enable them to be self-reliant and integrate into society through academic education, vocational training, activities, trips, and conferences.
It is worth noting that the Province of Alexandria of the Episcopal/Anglican Church is the 41st region of this church around the world and includes under its leadership 10 countries in Egypt and North Africa and is subject to the presidency of the Archbishop of Canterbury and is affiliated with the Federation of Anglican Churches in the world.
In Egypt, the service of the Episcopal/Anglican Church began in 1815, then the first Episcopal Church was established in Alexandria in 1839 when Muhammad Ali Pasha, the governor of Egypt, granted a plot of land in Mansheya Square in Alexandria to establish the Episcopal Church of Saint Mark.