In 1889 the Revd Douglas M Thornton, a missionary from the Church Mission Society, was involved in establishing the Anglican Church in Egypt. Over 100 years later his great-grandson Douglas J Thornton, a committee member of the Egypt Diocesan Association (EDA), taught himself web design and set up the EDA website. Doug has been maintaining it ever since, but has decided “it is about time to hand over our site to a professional”.
With the assistance of Small Beginnings, the EDA has a new website which includes
- Some fascinating history of early evangelisation in Egypt, the Diocese, the Cathedral and much more
- More images
- Search facilities
- Online membership application
- Easy to read
- Ability to browse on your PC, laptop or any mobile devices
- Ability to subscribe to receive news and updates
- Has all the links you need to stay in touch with the Diocese and its different ministries
- Links with other useful websites.
The Diocese is extremely grateful for the work of the EDA, who support the churches and ministries across the Diocese through prayer, visits and financial support.