On November 24th & 25th, 2016, 3 priests and 5 deacons were ordained at St Frumentius’ Anglican Theological College Chapel in Gambella. The ordinations took place as part of the church’s Area Assembly, a yearly synod-like gathering of the Episcopal Area.
The new priests and deacons will serve in the Diocese’s churches across western Ethiopia. These congregations are made up of people from numerous ethnic and national backgrounds; many are refugees, and some congregations are in the refugee camps themselves.
The new priests and deacons are:
- Peter Tut Chol will be Priest in charge of Holy Comforter Anglican Church, in the Pilwal Mission Centre, supervised by the Rev Peter Ghak;
- Simon Taidor will be Priest in charge of the All Saints Anglican Church Mission Centre in Nininyang with its eight churches;
- Stephen Munye will be Priest in charge of The Bethlehem Anglican Mission Centre, Pinyudu Refugee Camp with its four churches;
- Omot Ogud will serve as the Deacon in charge of the Bethlehem Anglican Mission Centre in Abobo with its seven churches;
- Stephen Choul will serve as the Deacon in charge of St Peter’s Anglican Church Mission Centre in Matar with its ten churches;
- Daniel Wuor Tap will serve as Deacon in charge of the five churches of the Jewi refugee camp, supervised by the Rev Peter Kuel of St Luke’s, Gambella;
- Joseph Khon will serve as the Deacon in charge of New Life Anglican Church in the Lare Mission Centre, supervised by the the Rev Simon Ker of St Paul’s Anglican Church;
- Gabriel Tut Puok will serve as Deacon in charge of Church of Christ Anglican Church in the Pinyudu refugee camp, supervised by the Rev Paul Pouk of Jesus Light of the World Anglican Church.
Please pray for them, and for the church in Ethiopia.